Steve Jobs was an American business mogul, industrial designer, media mogul, and investor who lived from February 24, 1955, until October 5, 2011. He served as the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple as well as Pixar’s majority shareholder, the founder, chairman, and CEO of NeXT, and the chairman and majority shareholder of Pixar after that company was acquired by The Walt Disney Company. He and his early business colleague and fellow Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak are widely acknowledged as being among the forerunners of the personal computer revolution of the 1970s and 1980s.
Jobs was born in San Francisco, the son of a German-American mother and a Syrian father. Soon after his birth, he was adopted. Jobs enrolled at Reed College in 1972 but left the next year. Read more here
- Musk, Gates and the late Steve Jobs all have one personality trait in commonLack of emotion.
- This personality trait helped Musk, Gates and Jobs succeed, says biographer: ‘It’s something a lot of these people have’Biographer Walter Isaacson says Elon Musk, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs share a key trait: “They’re not looking for affection from the person sitting across from them.”
- I worked at Apple for 10 years—here’s what Steve Jobs taught me about how to be successful ‘at anything in life’Steve Jobs inspired success, creativity and drive in many Apple employees, including former engineer Justin Santamaria. He’s what the tech entrepreneur learned from Jobs about how to be successful at anything you do in life.
- Apple’s Latest Products and Services Are About Loyalty—to AppleApple on Wednesday unveiled the iPhone 14 line, the Apple Watch Ultra and new AirPods, but the big theme of the day was keeping users more locked into the company’s ecosystem. Also: Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook reveals his biggest debate with Steve Jobs.
- Tim Cook still runs Steve Jobs’ 9 a.m. meeting every Monday: ‘He was the best teacher I’ve ever had’In an interview at the 2022 Code Conference, CEO Tim Cook Cook said that Steve Jobs’ influence is still strongly felt at Apple — and likely always will be.
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs memorialized with online archiveTop tip: Skip the memos with cancer advice
- Apple’s new pitch to consumers: Think darkerFor years, Apple touted its products under its “Think Different” tagline. It’s classic late-90s, early-aughts Steve Jobs energy.But if you watched any of the company’s iPhone event yesterday, it’s clear Apple is thinking differently now about how it markets its products in an era of Covid, economic uncertainty, war and climate change…
- Steve Jobs’ daughter mocks Apple’s iPhone 14 with a meme, hinting its the same as the previous modelEve Jobs is the youngest of the Apple cofounder’s four kids and the daughter of Laurene Powell Jobs.
- Apple CEO Credits Steve Jobs With Fostering Culture of PrivacyApple Inc. Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook credited Steve Jobs with making privacy a top priority at the company and said he largely still runs the tech giant in the manner of its late co-founder.
- On Eve of iPhone 14 Launch, Steve Jobs Archive Announced to Honor Apple Co-FounderThe online archive will preserve Jobs’ worldview and ideas along with artifacts and materials.