A virtual reality (VR) headset called the Meta Quest was created by Oculus, a division of Facebook, Inc., and released on May 21, 2019. It is a standalone device with an Android-based operating system that can run games and software wirelessly. Instead of using external sensors, it uses internal sensors and a number of cameras on the front of the headset to allow positional tracking with six degrees of freedom. The “Passthrough” safety function, which displays a view from the cameras when a user leaves a designated border region, also makes use of the cameras. Oculus Link, a function that enables the Meta Quest to be connected to a computer via USB and used with Oculus Rift-compatible applications and games, was later introduced in a software update. Read more on Wikipedia here.
Meta Quest News
- Meta Quest Pro: latest rumors and leaksHere’s everything we know, including rumors and leaks about Meta’s Quest Pro, the VR leader’s next-gen headset that was teased as Project Cambria in 2021.
- PSVR 2 Games: Every Title Announced and ConfirmedSony still hasn’t tossed out a launch day lineup for PSVR 2, although we’re starting to get a good idea of what the next-gen VR headset might have in store when it releases sometime in early 2023. Here’s a look at what we hope will be a quickly growing list of all games announced for […]
- NFL Pro Era Touches Down Today On QuestFollowing its official reveal last April, StatusPRO’s NFL Pro Era is available today on Meta Quest 2 and PSVR.
- Upcoming Oculus Quest 2 rival preorders pop up onlineYou can now preorder the Pico 4 at a Chinese retailer, the Oculus Quest 2 VR headset rival could get an official reveal by the end of the month
- Deisim for Oculus Quest filled the void in my heart that BlackGod games can sometimes be stressful, but Deisim aims to create the opposite effect, delivering a Zen-like atmosphere while still providing you with ultimate power.
- How to share games on your Meta Quest 2Did you know that it’s possible to share games and apps on your Quest 2? Here’s how you can do that.
- Sony’s PlayStation VR2 headset will make its public debut with a new Resident Evil VR gameThe PSVR2 represents Sony’s renewed commitment to virtual reality.
- Alvo adds cross-platform play between Oculus Quest 2 and PSVRSmash that update button!
- Deisim for Oculus Quest filled the void in my heart that Black & White leftIt’s a god game for the new age mind.