The American business Meta Platforms is the owner of the social networking and social media website Facebook. The name of the social networking site, which was established in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and fellow Harvard College students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, is derived from the Face Book directories that are frequently distributed to students at American universities. Initially open only to Harvard students, membership has now grown to include students from other North American universities and, as of 2006, anybody over the age of 13. Facebook reported 2.93 billion monthly active users as of July 2022, and it was the third-most popular website globally at that time. The 2010s’ most popular mobile app was that one. Read more on Wikipedia here.
- Obama’s Speechwriter On The Power Of Presidential Rhetoric : The NPR Politics PodcastCody Keenan talks to NPR’s Tamara Keith about writing for Barack Obama, the impact of Donald Trump’s rhetoric and whether a president needs to be a compelling speaker to be an effective leader.He’s the author of a new book, Grace: President Obama and Ten Days in the Battle for America.This episode: White House correspondent Tamara Keith.Learn more about upcoming live shows of The NPR Politics Podcast at nprpresents.org.Support the show and unlock sponsor-free listening with a subscription to The NPR Politics Podcast Plus. Learn more at plus.npr.org/politics Connect:Email the show at email@example.comJoin the NPR Politics Podcast Facebook Group.Subscribe to the NPR Politics Newsletter.
- Here’s why Facebook is facing an existential moment. Hint: your mom is probably on it all the time
- Ethereum merge, Facebook vs. Tik Tok and the latest on Alex Jones’ second trial.
- Meta Makes Money From Scammy Ads Smugglers Post On Facebook That Target Immigrants Trying To Get Into The US“It raises a lot of questions about the platform’s willingness to deal with offers of smuggling across the platform because it is profiting from them.”
- Meta Oversight Board finds plenty of flaws with Facebook’s content moderationSurprise, surprise: Facebook doesn’t always make the right decision.
- Meta Platforms (NASDAQ:META) – Why Facebook Parent Meta Platforms Looks Ready To BounceFacebook parent company Meta Platforms Inc. (NASDAQ: META) saw some volatility early in the trading session on Thursday, but by midafternoon was trading mostly flat.
- Note with explosive package in Boston criticised virtual reality, ZuckerbergLaw enforcement official said the note also referenced Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
- Silicon Valley can’t keep track of your dataTwitter whistleblower Peiter Zatko was asked repeatedly about whether Twitter is aware of how its user data is accessed and stored. He gave a troublesome answer: The company doesn’t know. Experts say the problem is bigger than Twitter.
- 5 Ways to Clean Up Your Facebook AccountHas your Facebook account become bloated with posts from groups you don’t use and people you no longer follow? Here’s how to clean up your account.
- Man arranges iPhone purchase on Facebook, ends up getting robbedIt is one of two armed robberies Tuesday being investigated by police, the other at a Family Dollar in the Sherbondy Hill neighborhood.