Ethereum is a decentralised, open-source blockchain that allows users to create smart contracts. The platform’s native cryptocurrency is Ether (ETH). Ether is the second most valuable cryptocurrency after Bitcoin in terms of market capitalisation.
Vitalik Buterin, a programmer, created Ethereum in 2013.
Gavin Wood, Charles Hoskinson, Anthony Di Iorio, and Joseph Lubin were also among the Ethereum founders.
The network became live on July 30, 2015, after development work began in 2014 and was crowdfunded. Anyone can use the platform to develop permanent and immutable decentralised applications that users can interact with.
Decentralized finance (DeFi) applications allow cryptocurrency users to borrow against their holdings or lend them out for interest without the need for traditional financial intermediaries like brokerages, exchanges, or banks. NFTs, which are non-interchangeable tokens linked to digital works of art or other real-world goods and sold as unique digital property, can also be created and exchanged on Ethereum. In addition, numerous additional cryptocurrencies run on the Ethereum blockchain as ERC-20 tokens and have used the platform for initial coin offerings.
Ethereum has begun rolling out a set of enhancements known as Ethereum 2.0, which includes a move to proof of stake and the use of sharding to boost transaction throughput.
Learn more here (Wikipedia)
Latest Ethereum News
- Ethereum merge sets cryptocurrency up to be ‘foundation of the next economy’: Blocknative CEOBlocknative CEO and Co-Founder Matt Cutler explains the potential in ethereum’s proof-of-stake upgrades, the outlook of crypto markets, and Web3 capabilities.
- Ethereum (ETH) Competitor Cardano (ADA) Reaches 50,000,000 Transaction Milestone With Upgrade LoomingEthereum (ETH) challenger Cardano (ADA) has set a new milestone for transactions as its highly anticipated Vasil hard fork upgrade nears.
- Popular Crypto Analyst Spots Bitcoin (BTC) Opportunity, Says Bullish Effects of Ethereum (ETH) Merge Need TimeA widely followed crypto guru says Bitcoin (BTC) investors can never be sure about market bottoms, though they can read the signs.
- Ethereum merge, Facebook vs. Tik Tok and the latest on Alex Jones’ second trial.
- What is “the merge”? The Ethereum crypto update token users are talking about, explained.Ethereum completes “the Merge” to become a point of stake system to be more energy efficient. What that means to users and for the future of crypto.
- EXPLAINER: Ethereum is ditching its ‘miners.’ Why?SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A complex software change to the cryptocurrency ethereum holds the potential to dramatically reduce its energy consumption — and resulting climate-related pollution. But the transition known as “the merge” is not going to do the trick by itself.
- Ethereum is ditching miners and merging to a proof-of-stake system: Here’s whyA complex software change to the cryptocurrency ethereum was completed on Wednesday, one that holds the potential to dramatically reduce its energy consumption and resulting climate effects.
- Ether tumbles 9% following the completion of Ethereum’s highly anticipated ‘Merge’ to energy-saving proof-of-stake systemPrior to the merge, about 13,000 new ether were mined each day. Now, staking rewards will be just 1,600 ether per day.
- Bloomberg Strategist Says Bitcoin, Ethereum and Crypto To Outperform Once One Macro Event UnfoldsBloomberg’s closely followed senior commodities strategist, Mike McGlone, is expressing bullish sentiment on crypto assets once inflation is wiped out.
- Vitalik Buterin Says Ethereum Merge Cut Global Energy Usage by 0.2%, One of Biggest Decarbonization Events EverEthereum now spews out less carbon dioxide than a few hundred U.S. households, according to a report.
Ethereum Social Media
Live information about Ether from your favourite socal media channels.
Ethereum Twitter News
Live Twitter feeds relating to Ether.
Ethereum Youtube Videos
Live Youtube videos relating to Ether.